NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- CF Industries Holdings (CF), Agrium (AGU) and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) are among five agriculture stocks with a potential upside of 15% to 103%. Being analysts' favorites, most of these stocks have no sell ratings. Moreover, these stocks generated positive returns during the past month, outperforming the index.
5. CF Industries Holdings (CF) is a manufacturer and distributor of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products. It operates in the nitrogen and phosphate segments.
For the first quarter ended March 2011, net sales more than doubled to $1.2 billion from $502.4 million following the inclusion of Terra net sales and higher average nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer selling prices. This increase was partially offset by lower phosphate fertilizer sales volumes. As a result, the company swung to a net income of $282 million or $3.91 per share against a loss of $4.4 million or 9 cents per share a year ago.
On April 29 CF Industries' board of directors declared a regular quarterly dividend of 10 cents per common share payable May 27, to stockholders of record on May 16, 2011.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 68% recommend a buy and 26% rate it a hold. The stock had 63% buy ratings a month ago. On average, analysts estimate 15.3% upside to $164.13 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 6.1% during the last month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV