NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The stock market has a lot to worry about these days. The latest albatross has been the persistent Greek debt crisis, not to mention low employment and weak housing data.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is down almost 1,000 points from its late-April highs of the year. With this precarious backdrop, TheStreet asked business executives the following question. In light of weaker-than-expected economic data, are you planning for a double-dip recession? If so, what steps are you taking?
Bankrate (RATE) CEO Tom Evans, whose company's shares began trading Friday, said: "I think it's a segregated economy to be honest. For the 80% of the people that are not upside down on their houses and have jobs -- the world's their oyster. It's a very competitive environment for their business. For the 20% of the people that don't have a job, that are upside down on their house that have poor quality -- it's a very challenging environment for them to get a financial product.
newly public Fusion-io (FIO) TheStreet day of the company's IPO
|Ronald Shaich, Panera Bread's founder, chairman and former CEO|
What are America's corporate leaders saying about the issues of the day? TheStreet's reporters, during the course of their weekly coverage, will pose a thematic question to the business executives they interview. Have a question you'd like to see TheStreet ask the CEOs? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV