PARIS ( TheStreet) -- Four years ago, when the Airbus A380 first flew, the skepticism was overwhelming because the plane was big, the delays were long and the demand seemed limited.
Today, the A380 story is a far different story, one of new service to popular routes. This month, Air France began Paris-Washington Dulles service, and Lufthansa began Frankfurt-Miami service.
It is not just major international gateways that have A380 service. Air France also flies the plane between Paris and Montreal, while Emirates flies it from Dubai to Manchester, England. "We've been surprised by the number of places it's gone," said Airbus spokesman Clay McConnell. "It's not just flying to London Heathrow."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV