3. Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR) is an integrated Brazilian oil and gas company operating in segments like exploration and production, refining, transportation, and marketing of gas and power.
Higher crude oil prices and volumes during the year buoyed the company's exploration and production segments, while downstream was negatively affected. For the first quarter of 2011, net income increased 42%, boosted by a 7% uptick in domestic sales, led by jet fuel, natural gas, and diesel.
Petrobras' estimated oil reserves stand at about 11 billion to 12 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) with a production output of more than 2 million boe per day. The recent acquisition of Libra oil field in the Santos Basin would sustain a higher replacement ratio of 144%, in comparison to peers.Exploration and production capex stood at $9.2 billion for the quarter, primarily expanding oil and natural gas capacity in the pre-salt areas. The stock is currently trading at 9.6 times its estimated 2011 earnings. Going forward, on average, analysts expect the stock to deliver 47% during the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV