4. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CEMIG) (CIG) engages in electricity generation, transmission and distribution. Operating through its subsidiaries Gasmig and Infovias, the company distributes natural gas and is a telecommunications service provider.
CEMIG's power plants have total installed capacity of around 7,000MW --making it one of Brazil's top electricity generators. In distribution, CEMIG operates the largest electricity distribution network in the region, spanning across 300,000 miles.
During 2011 first quarter, sales were 17,981 gigawatt hours, up 16% from the year-ago period. Net revenue and EBITDA for the first quarter rose 18% and 11%, respectively. Higher operational efficiency improved EBITDA margins. The stock has gained around 38% in the last one-year and is currently trading at 9.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV