5. Gerdau (GGB) is an integrated steel player operating in Brazil, North America and Latin America.
On average, analysts expect the company to deliver net profit growth of around 10% in 2011, riding on the back of improving fundamentals.
Net revenue increased 18% year-over-year during the latest first quarter, backed by improved sales. However, higher production costs dented profitability year-over-year, while margins increased sequentially. Gross margin stood at 13.9% and EBITDA margin increased to 13.2% for the quarter.To consolidate its growth plans, Gerdau recently announced the acquisition of Acos Villares, a company engaged in the production of long steel. The proportion of North American sales increased to 35% in overall sales during the quarter, while domestic sales declined. The stock is trading at 13.5 times its 2011 earnings and analysts expect an upside of 42%, with a buy rating of 56%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV