6. Vale (VALE) is a metals and mining giant producing iron ore and iron ore pellets.
During the first quarter of 2011, the company reported operating revenue of $13.5 billion, increasing 98% year-over-year, while operating income and net profit surged over 250% each to $8 billion and $6.8 billion, respectively. Operating margin increased to 48.9% from 31.2% in the prior year's March quarter.
The proportion of bulk material sales, comprising of iron ore, pellets, manganese ore, ferroalloy, and metallurgical and thermal coal represented 70.3% of the first quarter operating revenues, in line with 71.5% realized during the fourth quarter of 2010. Sales to Asia contributed 49.6% toward total first-quarter revenue, down from 54.5% in the fourth quarter of 2010.The stock has analysts' buy rating of 84% and an upside potential of 41% over the next one year. Vale is currently trading at 5.9 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV