9. Banco Bradesco (BBD) is a private sector commercial bank and among the top five banks in Brazil, in terms of assets.
The stock has gained 24% during the past year and 55% of analysts covering it rate it a buy.
Total loan growth grew 22% year-over-year, as corporate and auto loans, accounting for two-thirds of total loans, were robust. Corporate loans expanded 26%, while personal loans were lower at 16.4%.Improved asset quality is a positive. The bank's non-performing loans improved 4.4% compared to 5.3% in the same period last year. Provision coverage stands at 159%, up from 151% in the June quarter of 2010. Capital adequacy ratio was 15%. Banco expects its loan book to grow at 15% to 19% for 2011, backed by higher demand from small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The stock is trading at 11.1 times its 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV