10. Embraer (ERJ) manufactures commercial and defense aircraft with the defense business contributing around 10% toward revenues.
First-quarter revenue stood at around $1.06 billion when compared to $992 million in the first 2010 quarter. Gross margins stood at 24.3%, up 2.2% from 2010 March quarter. Higher margins resulted from better product mix and efforts to maximize operational efficiency.
Net income jumped 105 million in the quarter compared to 24 million in the prior year quarter. Cash position improved to $505 million from $440 million in the first quarter of 2010Management indicated an order backlog of $16 billion at the end of March, up $ 400 million at the end of 2010, representing approximately three times 2011 revenue guidance. The stock is trading at 15.3 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV