NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - - Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), Embraer (ERJ), Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes (GOL), Gerdau (GGB), Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (SID), Vale (VALE), Banco Bradesco (BBD), Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CEMIG) (CIG), Itau Unibanco Holding (ITUB) and Banco Santander (Brasil) (BSBR) have an upside potential of up to 60%, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
Brazilian stocks plunged to their lowest levels in the past year. Brazil's Bovespa has shed around 8% during the last six months. Brazil's inflation rose to 6.55%, topping the central bank's annual upper limit of 6.5% for the second straight month. The central bank raised the benchmark Selic rate by 25 basis points (bps) to 12.25 % on June 8; overall Selic was raised by 1.5% year-to-date.
We have identified 10 stocks across sectors like banking, commodities and airlines, which investors can consider for long-term growth. The selected stocks have an average market capitalization of $64 billion, delivered average gains of 5%, compared to Bovespa's negative 5% during the past year. These stocks could generate 40% gains during 2011, according to analysts' consensus estimates with a mean buy rating of 65%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV