10 Pharma Stocks Under $3
2. Novavax (NVAX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing recombinant vaccines. Virus-like particles, or VLPs, drive the company's technology platform. VLPs are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate immunologically important recombinant proteins.
Total revenue for the first quarter of 2011 surged to $834,000 from $110,000 in the year-ago quarter, primarily due to services performed under the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services' Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority contract. For 2011, the company expects to generate revenue as it performs under the BARDA contract. Net loss declined to $7.5 million, or $0.07 per share, from $10.3 million, or $0.10 per share, in the comparable quarter of 2010, on lower research and development spending to support clinical trials for its H1N1 and seasonal influenza vaccine candidates.
Cash and cash equivalents stood at $8.4 million, up 3.7% from $8.1 million at the end of December 2010. Moreover, the company had a current ratio of 2.60.All the five analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect an upside of 218.8% to $6.38 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV