10 Pharma Stocks Under $3
3. Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) is a technology-driven biopharmaceutical company focusing on drug discovery and clinical development of treatments for central nervous system disorders.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2011 was $5.8 million or 12 cents per share, compared to a loss of $5.5 million or 14 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Collaborative revenue totaled $435,000 compared to $2.1 million, following the conclusion of Adadia's collaboration with Biovail in October 2010, when Acadia recognized remaining revenue related to this collaboration.
Cash, cash equivalents and investment securities during the quarter grew to $45.7 million from $37.1 million in the final quarter of 2010. Moreover, the current ratio increased to 7.58 from 6.35 at the end of December 2010, reflecting the company's ability to meet short-term cash requirements.During April, the company announced extending its drug discovery and development collaboration with Allergan. The alliance is focused on the discovery of new therapeutics for glaucoma and other ophthalmic indications and was formed in March 2003. Of the two analysts covering the stock, one recommends buying it and the other suggests a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts expect 192% upside to $5 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV