10 Pharma Stocks Under $3
5. SuperGen (SUPG) is a pharmaceutical company engaged primarily in the discovery and development of cancer therapies. SuperGen acquires products developed by other companies, and applies additional effort to advance these products clinically toward approval for marketing. The stock has gained 17.6% during the past one month.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $17.1 million vs. 14.4 million in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue includes royalty of $17 million compared with $14.3 million for the same period of the prior year. Net income stood at $5.5 million or 9 cents per share, increasing 17.5% from $4.7 million or 8 cents per share in the year-ago quarter.
As of March 31, 2011, the company had approximately $129.5 million in unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and current and non-current marketable securities, compared to $120.4 million at Dec. 31, 2010, as cash flow from operations rose 83.9% to $10 million. The company has a current ratio of 16.51 and no debt.Going forward, the company expects royalty revenue for Dacogen to increase up to 5% from the prior year to range from $52 million to $55 million. However, forecasted net income has been revised to less than $12 million for 2011 from the prior guided net income of $14 million. All the three analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 133.8% upside to $6.50 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV