10 Pharma Stocks Under $3
5. SuperGen (SUPG) is a pharmaceutical company engaged primarily in the discovery and development of cancer therapies. SuperGen acquires products developed by other companies, and applies additional effort to advance these products clinically toward approval for marketing. The stock has gained 17.6% during the past one month.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $17.1 million vs. 14.4 million in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue includes royalty of $17 million compared with $14.3 million for the same period of the prior year. Net income stood at $5.5 million or 9 cents per share, increasing 17.5% from $4.7 million or 8 cents per share in the year-ago quarter.
As of March 31, 2011, the company had approximately $129.5 million in unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and current and non-current marketable securities, compared to $120.4 million at Dec. 31, 2010, as cash flow from operations rose 83.9% to $10 million. The company has a current ratio of 16.51 and no debt.Going forward, the company expects royalty revenue for Dacogen to increase up to 5% from the prior year to range from $52 million to $55 million. However, forecasted net income has been revised to less than $12 million for 2011 from the prior guided net income of $14 million. All the three analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 133.8% upside to $6.50 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV