8. AEterna Zentaris (AEZS) is a drug development company focused on oncology and endocrine therapy. The company has a product pipeline with therapeutic options at various stages of development, right from drug discovery through marketed products.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and 25% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $4.35, which is 105.2% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company reported revenue of $7.4 million vs. $6.4 million for the same period in 2010. Cash and cash equivalents increased to $38.3 million from $32 million in the corresponding quarter of the prior year. During the quarter, the company received a net sales royalty milestone payment of $2.5 million from Cowen Healthcare Royalty Partners.In April 2011, the company issued approximately 7.3 million common shares for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $14.7 million. AEZS has advantages to be gained out of Perifosine -- a drug for treating multiple cancers. After the company receives license to promote the drug, as per the terms of the agreement, it would be entitled to receive $62.5 million upon achieving certain established milestone events in Japan. Besides, it is likely that AEterna Zentaris will be entitled to receive double-digit royalties on future net sales of Perifosine in the Japanese market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV