10 Pharma Stocks Under $3
8. AEterna Zentaris (AEZS) is a drug development company focused on oncology and endocrine therapy. The company has a product pipeline with therapeutic options at various stages of development, right from drug discovery through marketed products.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and 25% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $4.35, which is 105.2% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company reported revenue of $7.4 million vs. $6.4 million for the same period in 2010. Cash and cash equivalents increased to $38.3 million from $32 million in the corresponding quarter of the prior year. During the quarter, the company received a net sales royalty milestone payment of $2.5 million from Cowen Healthcare Royalty Partners.In April 2011, the company issued approximately 7.3 million common shares for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $14.7 million. AEZS has advantages to be gained out of Perifosine -- a drug for treating multiple cancers. After the company receives license to promote the drug, as per the terms of the agreement, it would be entitled to receive $62.5 million upon achieving certain established milestone events in Japan. Besides, it is likely that AEterna Zentaris will be entitled to receive double-digit royalties on future net sales of Perifosine in the Japanese market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV