PALATINE, Ill., June 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Addus HomeCare Corporation (Nasdaq: ADUS), a comprehensive provider of home-based social and medical services, announced today that it was awarded a contract renewal to be the agency provider of home-based personal care through Riverside County's In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program.
Addus was the successful bidder in a competitive bidding process for the contract, which will be funded through a combination of state, federal and county sources. The contract runs from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012, with two additional option years. Valued at $11.5 million annually, the award represents Addus' largest sole-sourced contract. Addus is a full-service provider in Riverside County, with personal care, home health, commercial and private care.
Mark Heaney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Addus HomeCare, said, "We are pleased to extend our 15+ year relationship with Riverside County, as we believe the contract renewal reflects the County's confidence in our continued ability to provide consumers with the highest quality care.
In a challenging budgetary environment, we are encouraged that the federal, state and local governments continue to recognize the benefits of in-home care as one of the most cost-effective solutions to caring for our aging population."About Addus Addus is a comprehensive provider of a broad range of social and medical services in the home. Addus' services include personal care and assistance with activities of daily living, skilled nursing and rehabilitative therapies, and adult day care. Addus' consumers are individuals with special needs who are at risk of hospitalization or institutionalization, such as the elderly, chronically ill and disabled. Addus' payor clients include federal, state and local governmental agencies, commercial insurers and private individuals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV