The acquisition will create "the premier group of integrated midstream companies in the United States natural gas industry," the companies said in a press release.
Southern Union shareholders will exchange their common shares for newly issued Series B Units of ETE with a value of $33 a share, or about $4.2 billion.
The price is a 17% premium over Southern Union's $28.26 closing price on Wednesday.Energy Transfer said the acquisition would complement its two master limited partnership units Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) and Regency Energy Partners (RGNC). -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV