PORTERVILLE, Calif., June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sierra Bancorp (NASDAQ: BSRR), the holding company for Bank of the Sierra, today announced it has been ranked as the 8th best performing community bank in California with assets less than $2 billion. The rankings were published in U.S. Banker magazine's June 2011 edition, as part of an annual listing of the top-performing financial institutions in the country based on three-year average Return on Equity (ROE).
"Since our beginning in 1977, we have endeavored to provide superior service and innovative products within a positive, constructive work environment," stated James C. Holly, President & C.E.O. "This focus has helped us as we strive to fulfill our fundamental mission, which in large part consists of being responsible stewards for our shareholders by providing a superior return on equity," Holly added.
About Sierra Bancorp
Sierra Bancorp is the holding company for Bank of the Sierra, now in its 34th year of operations. For more information please visit www.sierrabancorp.com or call (888) 454-BANK.About Bank of the Sierra With $1.3 billion in assets and strong performance ratios, Bank of the Sierra operates as the largest independent community bank headquartered in Southern San Joaquin Valley's Heartland. The bank serves 17 different communities with 25 branches, an Agricultural Credit Center, an SBA Center and an online "virtual" branch. For more information visit www.bankofthesierra.com or call (888) 454-BANK. SOURCE Sierra Bancorp
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV