Looking ahead to Thursday's jobless claims report, Grasso said the number will be in the vicinityof 400,000, which he said is a huge mental hurdle for the markets.
In an economic showing signs of stagflation, consumers will be looking for stores that offer the best prices. In a survey of more than 100 products at Wal-Mart (WMT) and Dollar General (DG) stores, Mark Montagna, a retail analyst with Avondale Partners, said Dollar General was able to maintain price parity with Wal-Mart.
He said he has a market outperform rating on Dollar General, which he is forecasting EPS growth of 14% to 20% over the next three years. He said Dollar General has soundly beaten Wal-Mart in comparable store sales.
In the final trades, Kelly said he was picking up some more SPDR Gold Trust (GLD). Seymour liked Tata Motors (TTM). Adami liked NetApp (NTAP). Finerman liked Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP). And Grasso advised scaling back on AK Steel (AKS).--Written by David Tong in San Francisco. To contact the writer of this article, click here: David Tong. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/davidtong. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV