Cramer said the market is getting too hated when compared to how companies are actually performing.Cramer said the markets are a self-correcting entity. He said fears and worries cause selling, but that selling will eventually end when either prices fall to a level when the bears are converted back into bulls or when there simply aren't any more bears left to sell. He said the markets may have not reach either of these levels yet, but stocks are among the cheapest Cramer's ever seen them. Cramer said investors need to keep in mind that stocks represent real companies with real values. And while the banks may be tied to the financial woes in Europe and the tech stocks may be in a seasonal slump, the rest of the market shouldn't be as low as it currently is. Cramer said only two companies, Scott's Miracle-Gro (SMG) and Owens-Illinois (OI), have reported actual disappointments this quarter. Everyone else is still doing OK. According to the latest investor sentiment numbers, nearly 63% of all investors are bearish on the markets or feel we're in a correction. That's a high number, he explained, which means that most of these bears either are selling or have already sold. That doesn't leave too much further to fall, he concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV