CRANBURY, N.J., June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Palatin Technologies, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PTN), a biopharmaceutical company developing bremelanotide for sexual dysfunction indications, announced presentation and publication of a report on validation of a scale for subjective male sexual arousal. The underlying study was supported by grants from Palatin.
Michael A. Perelman, Ph.D., of the New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Weill Medical College of Cornell University, presented the poster on June 13, 2011 at the 20th World Congress for Sexual Health in Glasgow, United Kingdom. The paper, entitled "The Subjective Sexual Arousal Scale for Men (SSASM): Preliminary Development and Psychometric Validation of a Multidimensional Measure of Subjective Male Sexual Arousal," has been published in the online version of the Journal of Sexual Medicine and will appear in a forthcoming print issue. Stanley E. Althof, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Center for Marital and Sexual Health of South Florida and Emeritus Professor, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, and Raymond C. Rosen, Ph.D., of New England Research Institutes, are co-authors on the paper with Dr. Perelman.
The presentation and paper describe development and psychometric validation of a self-administered scale for assessing subjective male sexual arousal. Based upon recommendations of the Food and Drug Administration guidance on patient-reported outcome instruments, important aspects of male sexual arousal were identified through qualitative research of U.S. men with erectile dysfunction and healthy controls.
The Subjective Sexual Arousal Scale for Men (SSASM) may be useful in drug development for treatment of erectile dysfunction. The SSASM is the first validated research instrument with a focus on assessing subjective male sexual arousal in men with erectile dysfunction in a clinical trial setting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV