NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- QuinStreet (Nasdaq:QNST) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, QUINSTREET INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.33, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.84 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for QUINSTREET INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.10%. Regardless of QNST's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, QNST's net profit margin of 5.90% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- QNST has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.89% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
Latest Headlines about QNST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV