Ryanair Holdings PLC Stock Upgraded (RYAAY)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ryanair Holdings (Nasdaq:RYAAY) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market, RYANAIR HOLDINGS PLC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.24, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Airlines industry. Despite the fact that RYAAY's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.64 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $820.42 million or 38.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, RYANAIR HOLDINGS PLC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 42.10%.
- RYANAIR HOLDINGS PLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RYANAIR HOLDINGS PLC increased its bottom line by earning $1.78 versus $1.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.12 versus $1.78).
- RYAAY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 39.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 76.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV