NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- International Shipholding Corporation (NYSE:ISH) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $6.97 million or 44.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The gross profit margin for INTL SHIPHOLDING CORP is rather low; currently it is at 23.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 37.40% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- INTL SHIPHOLDING CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTL SHIPHOLDING CORP reported lower earnings of $2.06 versus $5.79 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Marine industry. The net income increased by 127.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.57 million to $24.08 million.
Latest Headlines about ISH
Cash Dividend On The Way From International Shipholding Corp.'s 9.50% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock
Cash Dividend On The Way From International Shipholding Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV