NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Pandora Media (P) saw heavy demand for its initial public offering on Tuesday, pricing 14.7 million common shares at $16 each, well beyond the projected range of $10-$12 per share.
The Internet radio company had boosted the range to $10-$12 per share on Friday from the original range of $7-$9 per share view, while also increasing the size of the offering by a million shares.
In its latest amended S-1 filing last week, Pandora said its losses swelled to $6.8 million in the April-ended quarter from $3 million last year. Including stock and dividend awards, the latest loss equaled $9.1 million. Revenue, however, jumped to $51 million for the three-month period from $21.6 million in the same period a year earlier.Pandora is set to start trading on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "P." The company, which said it had more than 90 million registered users at the end of April, has said the majority of the stock being sold in the offering is coming from selling shareholders, roughly 9 million shares, while it's offering up 6 million shares. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV