NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Pandora Media (P) saw heavy demand for its initial public offering on Tuesday, pricing 14.7 million common shares at $16 each, well beyond the projected range of $10-$12 per share.
The Internet radio company had boosted the range to $10-$12 per share on Friday from the original range of $7-$9 per share view, while also increasing the size of the offering by a million shares.
In its latest amended S-1 filing last week, Pandora said its losses swelled to $6.8 million in the April-ended quarter from $3 million last year. Including stock and dividend awards, the latest loss equaled $9.1 million. Revenue, however, jumped to $51 million for the three-month period from $21.6 million in the same period a year earlier.Pandora is set to start trading on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "P." The company, which said it had more than 90 million registered users at the end of April, has said the majority of the stock being sold in the offering is coming from selling shareholders, roughly 9 million shares, while it's offering up 6 million shares. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV