Small Business Optimism Falling
Another serious concern for business owners is rising inflation. Approximately 15% of owners (seasonally adjusted) raised average selling prices, up three points from the prior month.
Small-business owners are "raising their own prices at the fastest pace seen in years," the NFIB says
Small firms are on the fence about hiring.
According to the NFIB, small businesses increased employment by just 0.01 per firm over the past three months -- virtually zero.
- 12% (seasonally adjusted) reported unfilled job openings, down 2 points and a "clear signal" that unemployment rates will rise
- 13% plan to hire over the next three months (down 3 points from April and down 5 points from March)
- 8% plan to reduce their workforce (up 2 points).
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV