Small Business Optimism Falling
Another serious concern for business owners is rising inflation. Approximately 15% of owners (seasonally adjusted) raised average selling prices, up three points from the prior month.
Small-business owners are "raising their own prices at the fastest pace seen in years," the NFIB says
Small firms are on the fence about hiring.
According to the NFIB, small businesses increased employment by just 0.01 per firm over the past three months -- virtually zero.
- 12% (seasonally adjusted) reported unfilled job openings, down 2 points and a "clear signal" that unemployment rates will rise
- 13% plan to hire over the next three months (down 3 points from April and down 5 points from March)
- 8% plan to reduce their workforce (up 2 points).
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV