4. Flamel Technologies (FLML) is a biopharmaceutical company with two intellectual property platforms: Medusa, for the controlled release of proteins, peptides and other molecules; and Micropump, for the controlled release of drugs best absorbed in the small intestine.
Boosted by license and research revenue and higher Coreg CR (Carvedilol Phosphate Extended-Release) royalties, Flamel reported revenue of $6.8 million for the first quarter of 2011 versus $8.1 million in the year-ago period.
Commenting on the results, Stephen H. Willard, Flamel's CEO, said in a press statement, "Our revenues in the first quarter were lower than expected, as we were able to sign license agreements in April 2011, rather than in the first quarter."The company has signed more than twenty-five agreements including nine of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world for the joint development of promising molecules. Analysts expect the stock to gain around 107% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV