4. Flamel Technologies (FLML) is a biopharmaceutical company with two intellectual property platforms: Medusa, for the controlled release of proteins, peptides and other molecules; and Micropump, for the controlled release of drugs best absorbed in the small intestine.
Boosted by license and research revenue and higher Coreg CR (Carvedilol Phosphate Extended-Release) royalties, Flamel reported revenue of $6.8 million for the first quarter of 2011 versus $8.1 million in the year-ago period.
Commenting on the results, Stephen H. Willard, Flamel's CEO, said in a press statement, "Our revenues in the first quarter were lower than expected, as we were able to sign license agreements in April 2011, rather than in the first quarter."The company has signed more than twenty-five agreements including nine of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world for the joint development of promising molecules. Analysts expect the stock to gain around 107% over the next one year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts