6. Lloyds Banking Group (LYG) is a U.K.-based financial services company operating in the retail, wholesale, international banking and insurance segments.
In the first quarter of 2011, pre-tax profit stood at $463 million compared to $1800 million in the first quarter of 2010. Lower profitability is reflective of a balance sheet reduction that includes losses on sales of non-core treasury assets of $694 million and lower net interest margin (NIM). Net interest margin was 2.07% compared to 2.08% a year earlier, driven by higher costs related to increase in wholesale funding.
Impairment charge was $4251 million, $315 million higher than in the year-ago period, impacted by higher declines in Ireland's commercial real estate prices. The cost-to-income ratio was 52.9% compared to 45.8% in the first quarter of 2010 owing to losses on disposal of non-core treasury assets.At the end of March, Tier-1 ratio was 11.4% and capital ratio was 14.8%. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 45% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV