8. BBVA Banco Frances SA (BFR) is an Argentina-based bank providing personal and corporate loans and credit cards.
During the March quarter of 2011, credit growth rose 57% year-over-year boosted by traction in its private sector loan portfolio. Deposits grew 30% compared to the same period last year.
Net profit improved 22.4% year-over-year, driven by robust net interest income (NII), up 29.4% on higher margins. The gross non-performing loan ratio declined to 0.51% with a coverage ratio of 482.6%.The capital ratio was 14% of risk adjusted assets. Return on average assets stood at 2.54% and return on equity was 23%. Analysts' consensus estimate pegs average gains at 44% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV