10 Top-Rated Buys Under $10
1. Gentium (GENT) is an Italian biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and manufacture of drugs for vascular diseases related to cancer and cancer treatment.
For the first quarter of 2011, total revenue was $8.6 million, up from $7.1 million during the same period of 2010. Operating income was $2.7 million versus a loss of $0.16 million in the first quarter of 2010. Net income was reported at $2.4 million, improving from a loss of $0.05 million.
On the positive results, Salvatore Calabrese, CFO of Gentium, said, "We are pleased to report that product sales increased 30% from compared with the prior year period. Additionally, the Company continues to be cash flow positive and profitable, posting net income of $2.4 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011."The company has cash of $12.4 million in its books. The stock is trading at 11.2 times its estimated 2011 earnings and is expected to gain 75% over the next one year. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Top-Rated Buys Under $10 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV