ST. LOUIS, June 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISLE) (the "Company") announced today that it has entered into an Option Agreement (the "Agreement") with Paradise Casino, LLC ("Paradise Casino") granting Paradise Casino the right to buy one of the Company's two gaming subsidiaries in Lake Charles, Louisiana. If the option is exercised and the transaction closes, Paradise Casino will acquire an entity that is licensed and owns the Crown gaming vessel, as well as the furniture, fixtures and equipment located on that vessel. The Agreement provides that the option must be exercised, if at all, no later than November 30, 2011. In the event the option is exercised, following the closing of the transaction, the Company plans to consolidate its operations in Lake Charles onto the adjacent Grand Palais gaming vessel, which is the larger of the two vessels.
The Agreement provides that Paradise Casino will immediately begin the process of obtaining regulatory and other approvals including a successful referendum to relocate the facility to Bossier City, Louisiana. The financial terms of the Agreement and the purchase price have not been disclosed.
Virginia McDowell, the Company's president and chief executive officer commented, "We have previously indicated our desire to explore options for our second gaming facility currently located in Lake Charles. We believe that the pending transaction for one of the two vessels located at our gaming operation in Lake Charles will provide a solid opportunity for our company."
McDowell continued, "For our team and customers, we will continue to operate our business as usual and are confident that, if the option is exercised and the transaction is completed, we will be able to create an even better work environment and more successful business through this consolidation."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV