Federal government revenues have increased 10.7% in the last year, while spending has increased by only 4.4% even without any tax increases.
The 12-month rolling total of the federal budget deficit has declined from $1.36 trillion to $1.29 trillion over the past year. This is what usually happens in an improving business cycle.
From this perspective, the brash statements being made in the media suggesting the U.S. is worse off than Greece are irresponsible and conceal a hidden agenda.
There is a very real chance that both the economy and the stock market will reach lows in June and have plenty of ammunition to bounce. Forecasting the long-term destruction of the U.S. seems a little premature.4. We remain convinced that Apple (AAPL), Sina (SINA), Netflix (NFLX) and Baidu (BIDU) will lead the recovery off the summer lows. Now is the time for the Economic Weather Station to do its job and signal to us the opportune time to reinvest our 65% allocation of cash. These next purchases are very important. Get the timing right, and you could find yourself with some wealth-building positions that more than make up for the market's recent selloff. At the time of publication, Schwarz held bullish positions in Apple, Sina and Netflix.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV