NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for UIL Holdings Corporation (NYSE:UIL) is tomorrow, June 15, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 43 cents per share. At a price of $31.94 as of 9:32 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 5.5%. The average volume for UIL has been 399,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. UIL has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 5.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. UIL Holdings Corporation, through its subsidiary, The United Illuminating Company, operates as a regulated utility company providing electricity and energy related services. It serves approximately 324,000 customers in the Greater New Haven and Bridgeport areas. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about UIL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV