iGo, Inc. (Nasdaq: IGOI), the most trusted name in the mobile accessory market, announced that well-known personality and basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal has signed a four-year agreement to become the company’s official champion of the new iGo rechargeable batteries and iGo-branded headphones that will launch nationwide this summer.
Basketball great, Shaquille O'Neal, will promote iGo's new line of headphones and rechargeable batteries. (Photo: Business Wire)
Shaq will serve as ambassador of iGo Green rechargeable alkaline batteries, which give consumers rechargeable batteries at throw-away prices, providing a significant value. Shaq will also promote the complete line of iGo headphones and earbuds that offer music fans affordable high-quality sound, including a line of headphones with active noise cancellation. All iGo headphones come with an integrated microphone, giving users the ability to communicate with others when used with a smartphone or laptop.
“Shaq teaming up with iGo will bring increased recognition to the brand and make a big footprint in the mobile accessory marketplace,” said Mike Heil, President and CEO of iGo. “While Shaq is recognized worldwide for his athletic skills, he is also known for championing products that deliver value, durability and functionality – that is why he is the ideal person to help us get the word out.”
Shaq is among the most well known figures in the world with an imposing presence on the court, in the business world and in the online community. He is currently ranked No. 4 on Forbes Magazine’s list of most influential athletes for 2011; he was recognized as the most effective endorser of all active NBA players by Nielsen in 2010; and he was named by TIME magazine as one of the best picks for Twitter feeds, helping to shape the conversation with nearly 3.8 million followers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV