De Beers Canada And Mountain Province Diamonds Provide Gahcho KuÃ© Project Update
TORONTO AND NEW YORK, June 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Gahcho Kué JV partners De Beers Canada Inc. (51%) and Mountain Province Diamonds Inc. (49%) (TSX: MPV) (NYSE AMEX: MDM) today announced that they have:
- Approved the Gahcho Kué feasibility study with agreed revisions and clarifications;
- Approved the execution of the necessary development work for the Gahcho Kué project; and
- Mandated the Gahcho Kué project operator to prepare a plan and budget for the development of the Gahcho Kué mine.
The plan and budget, once approved by the JV partners, will serve as the basis for a final investment decision, which is expected to be made once the partners have clarity on the progress of the environmental review currently underway.
About Mountain Province
Shares Is sued and Outstanding: 80,295,558 TSX: MPV NYSE AMEX : MDMMountain Province is a 49% participant in the Gahcho Kué JV with De Beers Canada (51%). Located in Canada's Northwest Territories, the Gahcho Kué Project consists of a cluster of kimberlites, three of which have a probable mineral reserve of 31.3 million tonnes grading 1.57 carats per tonne for total diamond content of 49 million carats. Gahcho Kué is the world's largest and highest grade diamond development project. A recently completed definitive feasibility study (available of SEDAR) indicates that the Gahcho Kué project has an IRR of 33.9%. About De Beers Canada Inc De Beers Canada is Canada's leading diamond company and part of the De Beers Family of Companies. De Beers Canada operates the Snap Lake Mine in the Northwest Territories and the Victor Mine in northern Ontario, both of which opened in July 2008. De Beers Canada is also a 51% Joint Venture partner in the Gahcho Kué Project in the Northwest Territories. For more information, please visit www.debeerscanada.com. Forward-Looking Statement This news release may contain forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the "safe-harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, regarding the Company's business or financial condition. Actual results could differ materially from those described in this news release as a result of numerous factors, some of which are outside the control of the Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV