Brower Piven Announces An Investigation Of The Acquisition Of The Timberland Company By V.F. Corporation
The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of The Timberland Co. (“Timberland”) (NYSE: TBL) and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of Timberland relating to the proposed acquisition of the company by V.F. Corporation (“VF”) (NYSE: VFC). The firm’s investigation seeks to determine whether Timberland’s Board breached their fiduciary duties by, among other things, failing to maximize shareholder value.
On June 13, 2011, Timberland and VF jointly announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement for Timberland to be acquired by VF, in a total transaction value of approximately $2 billion. Under the terms of the agreement, Timberland stockholders will receive $43 for each share of Timberland stock. However, Timberland’s stock was recently trading above the offer price, reaching $45.30 per share on April 28, 2011. The companies expect to close the deal late in the third quarter.
If you own Timberland common stock and would like to learn more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, you may e-mail or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email at
email@example.com, by calling 410/415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Attorneys at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV