TORONTO, June 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX:AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ), ("AuRico") announced today that it has received overwhelming shareholder approval to change its corporate name from Gammon Gold Inc. to AuRico Gold Inc. ( pronounced oh-REE-koh). The name change was approved at the Company's Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders held on June 9, 2011. The new name will be effective on June 14, 2011.
The Company's Toronto Stock Exchange and its New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol have both changed to "AUQ" to reflect the new name, representing gold equivalent. Trading under the new ticker symbol will become effective at the opening of trading on June 14th. The Company will also launch a new website, www.auricogold.com and a new logo.
"We are gratified that our shareholders have overwhelmingly approved the name change as this provides entré into the next stage of our growth profile," said René Marion, President and CEO of AuRico. "We are strongly positioned for continued operational excellence, growth and success. Our new name underscores our focus on increasing shareholder value as a leading intermediate gold and silver producer with three operating mines and a diversified portfolio of high quality projects."
About AuRic o Gold AuRico Gold is a leading intermediate Canadian gold and silver producer with a diversified portfolio of high quality mines and projects in Mexico. The Company's three wholly-owned operating properties include the Ocampo mine in Chihuahua State, the El Chanate mine in Sonora State and the El Cubo mine in Guanajuato State. Its strong pipeline of development and exploration stage projects include the Guadalupe y Calvo advanced exploration property in Chihuahua State and the Orion Project in Nayarit State, along with six exploration properties throughout Mexico. AuRico's head office is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.SOURCE GAMMON GOLD INC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV