From its early days manufacturing punch cards, cheese slicers and grocery scales, IBM is now one of the world's best-known tech brands, bringing in revenue of $100 billion a year.
Although its slow, steady stock growth and migration away from buzzy consumer gadgets have resulted in some lost love for investors in a sector where companies like Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) grab most of the attention, Big Blue's ability to re-invent itself should not be underestimated.
"IBM is certainly one of the most innovative companies around," Charles King, principal analyst at research firm Pund-IT, told
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV