Since 2008, The Banro Foundation has completed construction of two new high schools, two primary schools, a regional health care centre, a women's resource centre, a potable water delivery system serving 18,000 people in four villages, the construction or re-construction of over 100 kilometres of roads and bridges and has completed two shipments of medical equipment from Canada to regional hospitals and clinics. Four new schools, a regional market centre, a new health centre, new basketball courts for youth, the refurbishment of a community electrical generating station and a major community bridge are currently under construction.
Banro is a Canadian-based gold exploration company focused on the development of four major, wholly-owned gold projects, each with mining licenses, along the 210 kilometre-long Twangiza-Namoya gold belt in the South Kivu and Maniema provinces of the DRC. The Company is currently constructing its first mine at its Twangiza project, which is scheduled to begin operations in late 2011. In recent years, Banro has emerged as one of the leading employers in South Kivu province of the DRC, creating over a thousand jobs with a strong focus on on-the-job training programs, technology transfer and adherence to world-class standards in health & safety and environmental management.
SOURCE Banro Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV