3. HDFC Bank (HDB), an India-based bank, has its principal business activities in retail banking, wholesale banking and treasury operations. It has two subsidiaries: HDFC Securities Limited (HSL) offering brokerage services through Internet and other channels, and HDB Financial Services Limited (HDBFS), a non-deposit taking non-bank finance company (NBFC). The stock has advanced 1.9% in the past week
Both the analysts covering the stock rated it a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 19.1% to $195 in the next 12 months.
Last week, TheStreet Ratings upgraded the stock from hold to buy, based on the bank's recent quarter earnings per share growth of 22% and strong gross profit margin of 62.3%. Additionally, the bank revealed last week that it has opened seven branches in the past 10 days in Jammu. Meanwhile, among private banks, the bank has the largest network of 20 branches and 40 ATMs in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV