1. Harbin Electric (HRBN) is a holding company that designs, develops, manufactures, supplies and services a range of electric motors, including linear motors, specialty micro-motors and industrial rotary motors. With four manufacturing facilities in China, it sells its products in the domestic market and a few international markets. The company has three product lines: linear motors (LMs) and integrated systems, specialty micro-motors and industrial rotary motors. The stock jumped 12% in the past one week.
Both the analysts covering the stock rated it a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 47.5% to $24 in the next 12 months.
Last week, Harbin Electric agreed to purchase four of GE's gas turbines featuring FlexEfficiency technology for use in district heating applications, in a move to further develop China's high-end electric market. Harbin will buy four Frame 9FB gas turbines from GE by the end of 2013 and use them in future projects.GE's active relationship with Harbin dates back to 2003 when it first provided gas turbines for projects in China. In 2010, the two companies formed a joint venture to develop China's wind power sector.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV