DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., June 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUBG), a leading asset light freight transportation management company, announced that on June 3, 2011 its subsidiary, Comtrak Logistics, Inc., acquired certain assets of Domestic Transport, Inc., an intermodal drayage carrier headquartered in Pacific, WA.
"This acquisition is well aligned with our goal of growing Hub Group's drayage network," stated Chris Kravas, Chief Intermodal Officer for Hub Group. "This is the 25th Comtrak terminal in our network and it gives us a significant drayage operation in the Seattle market."
Domestic Transport was founded in 2005 with one truck hauling containers out of the Ports of Seattle and Tacoma. The company has grown to a 22-driver operation that handles container deliveries in the state of Washington and throughout the Pacific Northwest."We were very impressed with the high quality standards that Domestic Transport maintained for its drivers," stated Jim Ronchetto, President of Comtrak Logistics. "With the addition of Domestic Transport to our network, we are able to offer more flexibility to our customers in the Pacific Northwest region." Domestic Transport's owners, Leon Borodyansky and Kirill Korchinsky, will continue in leadership roles with Comtrak Logistics. Mr. Borodyansky will be the Terminal Manager while Mr. Korchinsky will be the Safety and Recruiting Manager for Comtrak's newly formed Pacific Northwest Terminal. About Hub Group Hub Group, Inc. is a leading asset light freight transportation management company providing comprehensive intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services. The Company operates through a network of offices throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Comtrak Logistics is a fully-owned drayage subsidiary of Hub Group. A full description of Comtrak and a map with locations can be found online. SOURCE Hub Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV