Useless Things You Are Forced to Buy
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- We often hear that "You get what you pay for," but it's just unfair when you're forced to pay for what you do without.
It is inevitable these days that anything you buy that isn't food will come with the cashier's sales push for an "extended warranty." And at least with those marginal insurance policies you have the ability to just say no. Many other purchases -- large and small -- come bundled with either things you don't need or that force you to buy additional items.
Here are some frequent offenders:
Does anyone watch the Archery Channel?
A well-known and much despised aspect of cable television is that you end up paying for channels you may never watch. In fact, on most cable systems, sports channels such as ESPN account for 40% of programming fees -- bad news if you could care less about baseball or the Lumberjack Olympics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV