The $22 billion Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund (VWINX) boasts a five-year annualized return of 7%.
The conservative-allocation-category fund's portfolio includes 55 stocks and 630 bonds, and it has an annual portfolio turnover of 30%.In addition to a 3.5% yield, the fund is down 0.9% this month, but has a three-month return of 3%, and it is up 4.6% this year. The Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund's top stock picks include: oil-industry giant Chevron (CVX), at 1.9% of the fund, followed by drug maker Pfizer (PFE), 1.4%; home-improvement retailer Home Depot (HD), 1.4%; health-care-products company Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 1.3% and insurer Marsh & McLennan (MMC), 1.3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV