iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend Index Fund (DVY)
Dividend investing has fallen into favor in recent weeks as investors attempt to defend their portfolios against market turmoil. DVY has proven to be a popular destination for cautious ETF investors. The fund has enjoyed above average trading volumes on six of the past seven trading sessions.
On Thursday, Global X announced the launch of a new product aimed at satisfying investor demand for dividend-paying equities. The Global X SuperDividend ETF (SDIV) has gotten off to an excellent start, with trading volume over 300,000 on its opening day. While investors should continue to hold off until the fund generates a stable following, SDIV could prove to be a force to be reckoned with among dividend ETFs.
SPDR S&P Homebuilder ETF (XHB)The homebuilder ETFs have had a rough start to June as the outlook for the residential real estate industry remains weak. Since the start of the month, the fund has seen only one day of upward action. Investors will learn more about the start of the housing market during the middle this week as a deluge of industry-specific reports come through the wires. XHB will be particularly interest on watch on Thursday when top holding Pier 1 Imports (PIR) reports earnings. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV