Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ: HNRG) signed a letter of intent with an undisclosed independent oil and gas company to sell its undeveloped leases in North Dakota covering approximately 10,000 acres. These leases are in the Bakken-Three Forks oil play.
The buyer will be purchasing 90% of our interest or approximately 9,000 net acres at a price of $1,500 per acre or $13.5 million. We will retain a 10% working interest and an approximate 3% average overriding royalty interest in the play. This transaction is subject to a final approval by both parties. We expect to have a signed purchase and sale agreement in the next two week and expect closing to occur on or before July 29, 2011.
Victor Stabio, CEO, stated, "We are very excited about this sale. The Bakken-Three Forks play is one of the most active oil plays in the United States. Although our major focus is underground coal mining in the Illinois Basin we still have oil and gas operations being conducted out of our Denver office and through our 45% interest in Savoy Energy LLP, a Michigan oil and gas operator."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV