Hallador Energy Company (NASDAQ: HNRG) signed a letter of intent with an undisclosed independent oil and gas company to sell its undeveloped leases in North Dakota covering approximately 10,000 acres. These leases are in the Bakken-Three Forks oil play.
The buyer will be purchasing 90% of our interest or approximately 9,000 net acres at a price of $1,500 per acre or $13.5 million. We will retain a 10% working interest and an approximate 3% average overriding royalty interest in the play. This transaction is subject to a final approval by both parties. We expect to have a signed purchase and sale agreement in the next two week and expect closing to occur on or before July 29, 2011.
Victor Stabio, CEO, stated, "We are very excited about this sale. The Bakken-Three Forks play is one of the most active oil plays in the United States. Although our major focus is underground coal mining in the Illinois Basin we still have oil and gas operations being conducted out of our Denver office and through our 45% interest in Savoy Energy LLP, a Michigan oil and gas operator."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV