2. North American Palladium (PAL) is a diversified precious metals company holding interests in two mines and various mineral properties. The company explores and mines palladium, platinum, gold and certain base metals. The stock has gained 2.7% during the last one week and 7% in yesterday's (June 9, 2011) trading session alone riding on the run-up in prices of the underlying metal.
For first quarter 2011, net loss narrowed to $10.3 million, or 6 cents per share from $18.4 million, or 14 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Sales grew multi-fold to $36.7 million from $7.9 million, as the company has launched sales of palladium, platinum, nickel and copper. Gold sales stood at 6,300 ounces compared to 6,700 ounces in the first quarter of 2010.
As at March 31, 2011, the company had approximately $163.3 million in working capital (including $100.1 million of cash on hand) and no long-term debt. During the quarter, the company received proceeds of $21.3 million from the exercise of Series A warrants and $22 million from financing of flow-through shares. The company believes that its operating cash flow together with its cash reserves and credit facilities, which remain undrawn, provide the company financial flexibility to advance its development projects.Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 73% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 61% upside to $6.10 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV