3. Mechel (MTL) operates in four segments: mining, steel, ferroalloys and power. Its mining segment produces coking and steam coal, as well as iron ore and iron ore concentrate. Its steel segment produces and sells semi-finished steel products, carbon and specialty long products. Mechel's ferroalloys segment produces and sells low-ferrous ferronickel, ferrochrome and ferrosilicon. Its power segment produces and sells electricity to internal and external customers. The stock has gained 2.5% during the last one week.
5 Mining Stocks: Performance Update
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.