4. Stillwater Mining (SWC) engages in the development, extraction, processing, refining and marketing of palladium, platinum and associated platinum group metals (PGMs). The company conducts mining operations in Montana at the Stillwater Mine near Nye, and the East Boulder Mine near Big Timber. The stock has gained 1.8% during the past one week.
Palladium prices have increased 4.2% during the past one week. Palladium was last seen trading at $818.5 per ounce. Stillwater reported net income of $36.2 million for the 2011 first quarter, or 34 cents per share, on revenue of $170.1 million. This compares to net income of $13.4 million, or 14 cents per diluted share, on revenue of $133.5 million during the first quarter of 2010. Both the Montana mines produced 131,200 ounces of palladium and platinum during the quarter, representing a year-over-year increase of 1.7% and 8.3% sequentially. Average realized price per ounce (palladium and platinum combined) stood at $994 per ounce, up 54.3% year-over-year.
At March 31, 2011, the company's available cash and cash equivalents (excluding $35.1 million of restricted cash) totaled $43.3 million, up $24 million from Dec. 31, 2010. Furthermore, operating cash flow increased 13.8% to $33.9 million from $29.8 million.Of the four analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend buying it, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 57.3% upside to $31.50 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV