8. Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP), a limited partnership company, is a diversified producer and marketer of coal mainly to U.S. utilities and industrial users. The company has nine underground mining complexes and one coal loading terminal spread across the Illinois Basin, Central Appalachian and Northern Appalachian. Besides, the company is also constructing a new mining complex in West Virginia, in addition to an existing facility.
Total revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was up 11.2% to $423.3 million from the same quarter of the earlier year. Net income for the quarter stood at $95.4 million or $1.99 per share, compared to $75.0 million or $1.56 per share during the first quarter of 2010. Sales stood at 7.5 million tons of coal, up 2.1% from the year-ago period. Price per ton increased 9.6% for the same period.
With industrial and commercial electricity consumption expected higher in 2011, coal prices are likely to spike, thereby supporting dividend growth for high-dividend growth companies like Alliance Resource. The company has a current dividend yield of 5.02% with a payout ratio of 46.25%. For 2011 first quarter, the company raised its dividend to 89 cents per share, representing a year-over-year 12.7% and 3.5% sequential increase.Looking ahead to 2011, the company estimates coal production to range from 31.6 to 32.6 million tons, with contractual commitments and pricing for its estimated coal sales of 32 to 33 million tons secured. Meanwhile, full year revenue, excluding transportation costs, is forecast between $1.75 and $1.85 billion and EBITDA to range from $545 to $585 million. Net income is pegged at $345 to $385 million. Capital expenditure is seen ranging from $320 to $360 million. Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 30% recommend a buy while 60% rate a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $81.33, which is 19.9% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV