MELBOURNE, Fla. and ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Unique solution combines Harris wideband tactical communications with Cubic intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) technology for improved situational awareness.
- Enables seamless and secure distribution of video and other ISR data from unmanned vehicles to forces at tactical edge.
- Reflects ongoing investment in AN/PRC-117G to meet emerging requirements.
Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS), an international communications and information technology company, and Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), a global leader in defense electronics and data links, have conducted technology demonstrations that significantly enhance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) situational awareness by distributing Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) video and targeting data across wideband ground tactical communication networks.
The Harris/Cubic solution integrates Cubic's Common Data Link (CDL) transceiver technology for receiving video from UAS platforms with the Harris Falcon III® AN/PRC-117G open-standard wideband tactical radio. The system is geared to deliver UAS video to military forces operating at the tactical edge with the greatest need for immediate intelligence.Currently, ISR data and ground tactical communications are handled using separate and often non-interoperable technologies. Combining the two in a single system creates a versatile solution that links high-bandwidth video into wideband voice and data radio networks -- leading to greater situational awareness, faster decision-making and improved operational planning, all while lightening the soldier's load. "Marrying CDL ISR technology with our first-of-its-kind wideband networking radio provides warfighters with a solution that is highly scalable, and is interoperable with major UAV platforms, which will result in significantly improved situational awareness," said Brendan O'Connell, president, Department of Defense business, Harris RF Communications. "It is critical for today's tactical radio systems to be able to adapt seamlessly to emerging mission requirements. Integrating ISR data into the wideband architecture of the Harris AN/PRC-117G is another example of our ability to respond to customer needs."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV