MELBOURNE, Fla. and ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Unique solution combines Harris wideband tactical communications with Cubic intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) technology for improved situational awareness.
- Enables seamless and secure distribution of video and other ISR data from unmanned vehicles to forces at tactical edge.
- Reflects ongoing investment in AN/PRC-117G to meet emerging requirements.
Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS), an international communications and information technology company, and Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), a global leader in defense electronics and data links, have conducted technology demonstrations that significantly enhance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) situational awareness by distributing Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) video and targeting data across wideband ground tactical communication networks.
The Harris/Cubic solution integrates Cubic's Common Data Link (CDL) transceiver technology for receiving video from UAS platforms with the Harris Falcon III® AN/PRC-117G open-standard wideband tactical radio. The system is geared to deliver UAS video to military forces operating at the tactical edge with the greatest need for immediate intelligence.Currently, ISR data and ground tactical communications are handled using separate and often non-interoperable technologies. Combining the two in a single system creates a versatile solution that links high-bandwidth video into wideband voice and data radio networks -- leading to greater situational awareness, faster decision-making and improved operational planning, all while lightening the soldier's load. "Marrying CDL ISR technology with our first-of-its-kind wideband networking radio provides warfighters with a solution that is highly scalable, and is interoperable with major UAV platforms, which will result in significantly improved situational awareness," said Brendan O'Connell, president, Department of Defense business, Harris RF Communications. "It is critical for today's tactical radio systems to be able to adapt seamlessly to emerging mission requirements. Integrating ISR data into the wideband architecture of the Harris AN/PRC-117G is another example of our ability to respond to customer needs."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts